Title 1 Services at Frassati Catholic Academy
Title 1 wants you to understand why your child receives additional services and the goals we are setting for them.
- Communication begins in the fall when students are identified for services.
- Results of assessments are provided to show your child’s performance level in literacy/math.
- Literacy/Math materials will be sent home for the purpose of student practice and mastery.
- Progress reports will be sent home during the year showing your child’s growth in the areas of literacy and/or math.
Title 1 provides parent-friendly materials to help you successfully work with your children at home.
- Books for building literacy skills are sent home regularly. Each book allows for parents and children to partner read or do side by side reading.
- Literacy/Math updates will be provided in a monthly newsletter.
Title 1 provides opportunities to learn about the Title 1 program.
- Title 1 instructors send information regarding Title 1 to the families of students that qualify for the program.
- Title 1 instructors will meet with parents of the students that are in the program during conference times, both in the fall and in the spring.
- Monthly newsletters will be sent via e-mail to the students in the program.
Title 1 helps you become involved in your child’s education by making you aware of opportunities to showcase your child’s reading or math education.
- The Title 1 Parent/School Compact stresses that your child’s academic success needs the support of both home and school.
- A partnership Committee works together with parents and teachers to reach school goals.
Title 1 provides opportunities for feedback from you on how well the program is working for your child. Changes to this document can be made if necessary.
- If you want to have additional meetings to discuss the decisions about your child’s education, please contact the Title 1 teacher.
- Classroom conferences are held twice a year to discuss student progress at which time the Title 1 teacher will provide updates on student progress.
- You will be provided with an end of the year survey in which you will provide feedback and suggestions on the Title 1 program.
- You are always encouraged to call or e-mail Title 1 teachers or classroom teachers with comments or concerns.