There are three steps to be completed in order to volunteer at schools in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Attend a training session, called Virtus, to learn about protecting children from sexual abuse.
- Complete a volunteer background check.
- Sign a volunteer code of conduct.
You can register for Virtus training, complete the background check and sign the code of conduct by following these steps:
- Go to the website: www.virtusonline.org
- Click on the “Registration” tab on the left side of the screen
- Click on “View list of sessions”
- Choose ‘St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN’ in the “Select your organization” tab
- A list will be generated of upcoming sessions in our area. Choose a class that works for you. Once you are ready to sign up, click the ‘Start Registration’ button at the top of the page. You will then create a User ID and password and register for the class of your choice. You will also be able to complete the background check and sign the code of conduct via the Virtus website.
Once you have completed the training session, please notify the office so we may verify your attendance and update our records.