Frassati Catholic Academy Middle School Overview
At Frassati we know that middle school is one of the most important junctures of a students’ education. It’s a time full of changes and challenges, but also growth and reward.
Our fundamental STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) curriculum is fine tuned to make the most of this important transitional time between Elementary and High School. Download Frassati Catholic Academy Middle School BrochureFrassati Middle School Program Outline
Personalized Education with Individual Attention
Now more importantly than ever, individual assessment and attention is the key to success. Our Middle School faculty work in a team environment ensuring that they go beyond teaching our students, they get to know our students on a personal level. This level of personal understanding and attention is not only crucial for academic success now, but also gives each student the personalized tools they need to succeed in high school and beyond.
Middle School faculty have office hours on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week from 2:15pm-3:00pm. Students are provided a safe, quiet environment to complete homework, retake tests or just get extra help. These are not tutoring sessions, rather a monitored learning environment giving students an edge to succeed and faculty valuable time to get to know each student.
Technology changes quickly and Frassati makes it a priority to equip all students with the latest and most relevant technology to succeed.
Technology for Student Use
- 40 iPads for use with apps and creative projects
- 55 Chromebooks
- A Google account for each student and teacher for research and work completion
- 28 iMacs in a lab setting
We believe that education is more than test scores, emotional and spiritual education is crucial to developing socially and morally mature adults.
- Mass Planning: all middle school students serve the school and community by planning over half of our school Masses with Ms. Mueller
- Community Support: trained students perform corporal works of mercy by running the projector system at parish funerals as well as during our school Masses
- Student Ambassadors: middle school students under the guidance of a middle school staff person identify and plan service opportunities for the school, they also provide peer tutoring for students who need assistance
Beyond the Classroom
A well rounded student is a motivated, successful and happy student. Frassati Catholic Academy is proud to offer many enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities to our students.
Middle School Enrichment Opportunities:
- CAA Sports- Soccer, Volleyball, Hockey, Swimming, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Golf Tournament
- Drama Club
- Student Ambassador Program
- ELC Trip
- Washington D.C Trip
- Mass Choir
- Altar Servers
- Mass Buddies
- School Patrol
- After School Piano
- First Lego League
- Lenten Retreat
Academic Curriculum by Year
|Sixth Grade||Seventh Grade||Eighth Grade|
|Pre-Algebra and MS Geometry||Pre-Algebra and MS Geometry||Algebra I|
|General Science||General Science||General Science|
|Spanish (3 days per week)||Spanish (3 days per week)||Spanish (3 days per week)|
|Art (2 days per week)||Art (2 days per week)||Art (2 days per week)|
|Physical Education (2 days per week)||Physical Education (2 days per week)||Physical Education (2 days per week)|
|Social Studies||Social Studies – US History||Social Studies – World Geography|
|Physical Education (2 days per week)||Physical Education||Physical Education|
|Technology (2 days per week)||Technology (2 days per week)||Technology (2 days per week)|
NWEA MAP Assessments Fall 2015
**Scores are based on the grade level average at Frassati Catholic Academy vs. the National Norm**