https://frassati-wbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Backgroundwoodwithlogo-e1617806216431.png 354 792 Monica Kenney https://frassati-wbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Frassati_LOGO_ORIGINAL-1.png Monica Kenney2021-04-09 16:22:412021-04-09 16:22:41Putting the FUN into Fundraising
Yesterday we announced the full schedule and details for the upcoming Great Outdoors, 2021 Spring FUN-draiser, and we are beyond thrilled to bring this new event to our great community!
The spring event is our most successful fundraiser of the year, generating a significant amount of money that helps support both our immediate needs and our long-term goals. Before the pandemic, parents, parishioners, and community members gathered in-person for a Gala and participated in a live auction that raised thousands of dollars for scholarships, a specific annual area of need (known as our yearly Fund-a-Need project), capital improvements, teacher development, and so much more.
As with our 2020 event, our 2021 festivities will again feature a virtual auction, but this year we are on a mission to pump up the FUN in fundraising. The parent-volunteers who have planned for this year’s fundraiser, have created a series of events that celebrate our Falcon community, time with our families, and time outdoors in our beautiful North Star state.
Below are the key details to note as we countdown to this community-wide initiative!
- ClickBid registration is open for the Virtual Auction. Please go to this link now and register for your bidding number. Share this link with family members and friends and encourage them to register as well!
- Families that register for the Virtual Auction may record 5 volunteer hours in Sycamore.
- The auction preview is live and features over 100 items and packages – we have something for everyone, at every price point!
- Bidding begins on Wednesday, April 28
- Our 2021 Fund-a-Need will raise funds specific to our science curriculum, impacting the learning experience in every classroom in our great school. In the coming days, you will see several items added to the auction that you can “purchase” to directly support a teacher’s science curriculum.
- On Thursday, April 22 every student will be given an Adventure Challenge Booklet to participate in a Great Outdoors scavenger hunt. This activity is optional, but an amazing way to have fun together as a family!
- The booklet will have instructions on how to complete each of the challenges and is scaleable for all grade levels.
- The challenges fall into four categories: at-school, at-home, in White Bear Lake, and Acts of Service.
- Students will return their completed booklets on Monday, April 26 and winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 27.
- The Virtual Auction will open for bids on Wednesday, April 28 at noon and will close at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, April 30.
- Get in there early and claim your favorites!
- Continue to share this amazing opportunity with friends and family members. The amazing line-up of auction items makes this initiative a win-win for all!
Your purchases support the enhancement and expansion of Catholic education in White Bear Lake. WIN-WIN!
More on the Fund-A-Need
Each year as we launch this critical initiative, we identify a specific area of need, known as our annual Fund-a-Need project, which supports an aspect of our STREAM (science, technology, religion, engineering, arts, and mathematics) curriculum.
In 2020, Virtual Auction participants played a significant role in helping us raise enough money to complete the school Chapel, supporting our religion curriculum. Our 2021 Fund-a-Need will raise funds specific to our science curriculum, impacting the learning experience in every classroom in our great school. In the auction preview site, you will see several auction items that you can “purchase” to directly support a teacher’s science curriculum.
Ready to Get Your Bid Number?
Visit this link now and get your registration number so you don’t miss any of the fun!