STREAM stands for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Math. The program was designed by the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA) based on the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) programs gaining ground in public and private school districts nationwide.
Frassati Catholic Academy considers the “R” (religion) in STREAM the most important letter. Not only will students continue to learn and develop in the Catholic tradition by participating in religion class, attending Mass, and celebrating the sacraments, teachers will attend conferences and grow in their own faith. The STREAM program allows the Catholic identity to manifest in the curriculum in new ways.
STREAM and STEM
STREAM builds on the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curriculum by adding religion and the arts. Frassati will use St. Catherine University’s STEM training to integrate those areas into the curriculum and develop its own training to integrate religion and the arts. Frassati will partner with White Bear Center for the Arts to build its arts curriculum.
St. Catherine University is currently the only higher learning institution in the United States to offer a program that helps elementary schools implement STEM curriculum. To learn more about St. Catherine’s STEM program, click here.
Frassati Catholic Academy has an ongoing relationship with Dr. Steve Kahn and his group of licensed counselors. Parents are invited to contact Dr. Kahn directly at any time for any reason.
Dr. Kahn is available to meet with parents to discuss any issue pertaining to family life and raising children. There is never a charge. His phone number is 651-426-4297 and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Lunch Program
Hot Lunch Program
St. Mary of the Lake School provides a daily hot lunch. Lunch fees are determined each summer to ensure children are served a nutritionally balanced lunch that meets or exceeds the regulation of Food and Nutrition Program and is affordable. Milk is included with lunch. Additional milk or milk for those with bag lunches is available for a fee. Parents are responsible for payment once meals are ordered.
Free and Reduced Lunches
Information on free and reduced student lunches is published and distributed to families annually. Families that may qualify are encouraged to apply. This not only helps individual families, it also helps the school to qualify for additional funding in other areas. A family can apply anytime during the year if family size or income changes.
Frassati Catholic Academy Extended Day Program
Frassati Catholic Academy Extended Day Program is an educational and recreational experience within a Catholic Christian environment. Frassati offers extended day as a service to our families each school day from 2:05 pm to 6:00 pm.
Within this environment, the staff will work together to help each child grow in self-respect as well as in respect and understanding of others. The Extended Day Program will provide a rich diversity of activities that:
- promote Christian service among students and staff
- address the appropriate developmental, spiritual, social/emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of children with a maximum ratio of one adult per 17 children or lower, depending on the activity or situation
- complement the philosophy and value system of our school and families
- extend and enrich our school’s curriculum whenever possible
The Frassati Catholic Academy Extended Day Program has the following goals:
- provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for school-age children
- nurture creativity in each child
- encourage participation in group activities
- develop and maintain an enhanced self-concept
- provide an opportunity to work on long-range and independent projects
- develop independence in work, play, and social activities
Extended Day Enrollment
The Extended Day Program serves children enrolled in Kindergarten through grade 8 at Frassati Catholic Academy. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registrations will not be considered complete if a family has an outstanding balance of unpaid fees for the current school year. If there are any outstanding fees at the end of the current school year, the child will be put on a waiting list for the Extended Day Program for the following year until all the fees are paid.
- Complete the Extended Day Registration Form and Emergency Card
- Sign the Extended Day Registration Contract and Handbook Acknowledgment Form
- Attach a $30 per child registration fee
- Attach a $10 per child activity fee (covers holiday parties and other special activities)
- Return fees and forms to the Extended Day Director.
Daily tuition is $12.50. Drop-in care is available on a space-available basis only. Children must be pre-registered and the registration fee must be paid. Drop-in care is $17.00 per day.
For billing and other Extended Day policies, click here.